SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
adrienne2022

Mixing Glass styles in cabinets and French doors in new build

5 months ago

Help - I believe I’ve made a mistake when ordering pantry French doors with rain glass. Limited selection and picked this months ago. Also picked same French pocket doors going into my husband’s study, all with rain glass. The doors have no pattern, just full length solid glass in wood frame.

One of our cabinets in kitchen, a tower cabinet far from pocket door, will have painted wood framed glass doors. The cabinet maker was going to use seeded glass for these doors, which I love. The cabinet interior will be lighted. Since this will look like a hutch and be far (20’) from pantry pocket door with rain glass, do you think this will look OK?

Also, there are glass upper cabinet doors in a separate wine bar room, adjacent to my husband’s study. These two cabinets are stained wood and the glass on upper cabinets might also be seeded. The rain glass French pocket doors are nearby - same line of sight. But the French pocket doors are white painted wood so would look like different items.

And finally, there are similar French pocket doors with rain glass on another wall in my husband’s study that open to the foyer. The front door is a double iron door with 3/4 glass and scroll pattern. Have not picked the glass for this door yet. Rain glass may be too busy on this door so leaning toward Flemish.

Should I do Flemish on the cabinet and front doors so we would only have two architectural glass types? Should I just use rain glass for everything? Or should I use the seeded glass in cabinets and not worry about matching French doors? Then use the Flemish on front doors?

The house is not finished yet but the French doors are installed. Upper cabinets with glass and front door not installed yet and glass selection not finalized.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County