SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ruthann_05

Is the Crista toilet by Contrac any good?

Ruth -Ann
4 months ago

Has anyone heard of this toilet? Nearly at the end of my older parent's bathroom reno, the contractor has indicated that the American Standard toilet we had selected from HD is for a 12" rough-in but the bathroom (which is in a 1970s house) is for 10". I have the same toilet in my house and there's less than 12" from the wall to the bolts so I'm not sure how it fits there and can't with them but maybe they have less space than I do.

Finding a toilet in HD or other box store that meets my parents' needs (lined tank, elongated, chair/ADA height, easy to clean and not prone to clogging) and budget is not working out. The contractor has the Crista toilet by Contrac. It only has a 1 year warranty and a plumbing supply company told us that it is lower end that is put into new builds etc. They suggest Kohler but that's pricey. I can't find any reviews online, only the brochure. https://contrac.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Crista-4721BFV-4721BFVU-4722BHV-Info-Page-2019-EN.pdf

I would appreciate any input on this or other toilet (I'm in Canada so we may have different/less selection than in the US).

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths