SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eld6161

A WWYD rant about my veterinarian

eld6161
3 months ago
last modified: 3 months ago

My dog has had several urinary accidents in the house during the holiday weekend. I'm suspecting a UTI. He’s never had one before but what else could it be? They can also see about sugar in the sample which would lead us down the diabetes road.

I checked the vet’s website for office hours and saw they were open on Sunday. I called explaining my situation. The next appointment wasn't until Thursday. I was shocked that they couldn’t try to squeeze me in. I've been a client for over 10 years, plus registered my DD’s Chi there, never asked for any favors, have given them good reviews on Google.

I explained my dismay and was told I could go to the emergency clinic. No thank you. We did this a few months ago with the Chi. My DD didn't want to wait. The bill was exorbitant!

Anyway, after a few more minutes of complaining, I was told I could bring in a urine sample as that is what I would have to do as a first step regardless.

I was was floored.. Why did I have to complain and grovel for 15 minutes?

My question: would you complain directly the vet about this, or possibly speak directly to the tech about how dissatisfied I was in how she handle things.Jobs are hard out there. I wouldn't want to jeopardize someone’s employment. After all, this isn't a life/ death situation. But, this incident just doesn't seem right.

WWYD?

Comments (26)