SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grammy2five

Mobile home…transition from dining to living room help.

6 months ago

I have purchased a mobile home. You can take a 3D tour at this link: “https://www.bentlihomes.com/plan/225762/independent/16763i/“. I can’t figure out how to transition from the dining room to the living room. I’m planning on a red & white farmhouse style kitchen. Everything will be painted white, with the countertops and all hardware painted red. I would love to put down the red and white flooring (see photo). Although I really want to keep my antique dining table I just don’t think I will have room for it as it’s 70” long. I’m thinking of adding an extension to the island and buying barstools (see photo). So, where would I stop the red and white flooring? I have a dark brown leather sofa and recliner. I’m going to recover them with removable covers made from the feedsack print fabric from Spoonflower (see photo). Will that blend well with the kitchen/dining area? Also, I want to put bead board on the bottom 3rd of the walls and plaster/paint the top parts. If I take the strips off and mud/plaster/paint will those areas crack as the home “shifts”. The area of North Texas I’m moving to has black clay soil, notorious for cracked foundations and walls. I’m sure I will be asking tons more questions, and I thank everyone in advance for your advice and suggestions.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida