SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Creative ways to gift money?

Sueb20
5 months ago

I know Mtn doesn't want us talking about C....mas, but it is November now, and I need to get started. Or at least start thinking.

Oldest DS told me today that he would like $$ toward a trip. He may be going to CA in the spring, or he may decide on something else. He is my quirky, ummm... not very disciplined offspring who has a very hard time saving money. Last year he wanted some money to repair a leather jacket he owns. He bought it for like $20 at a thrift shop probably 10 years ago and he loves it, so he wanted to repair the worn/ripped lining and replace the buttons. I gave him $100 or so in cash, earmarked for the jacket repair. But I noticed the other day that the jacket hasn't been repaired; he obviously spent the money on something else. He is very impulsive.

So, I want to figure out a way to give him money for a trip in a way so that he can't spend it on something else. I don't even know if airlines do gift cards, but even if they did, I am not entirely sure where he's going, so that would be tricky. Maybe just give him some kind of homemade gift card saying "good for round trip flight anywhere in the continental US"? What would be a fun way to package that? He has a carryon bag, etc... maybe I could get him a nice toiletry kit and put the certificate in that?

Any other ideas?

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH