SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_808261695

Convince me not to do it.... All Fridge/All Freezer SubZero

Yolanda
6 months ago
last modified: 6 months ago

I'm interested in two built-in 36" SubZero side by side columns. All Fridge and All Freezer. For my remodel. My girlfriend has them and I love using them when I stay over.

The thing is, I do not want to put out $20,000.00 for a darn fridge/freezer. What on earth, that's more than my car. It's soooo beautiful., But ..Ugh. BLIMEY! $$$$

In my current setup, I bought an LG RF on sale at Costco. At that time I could buy 5 LGs for the cost of 1 Sub Zero. Although the Sub Zero had better repair records and should last longer than an LG they won't last 5 times longer. Even if they did - I won't live long enough to own another 4 RF. LG was rated a reliable brand by Consumer Reports and was #1 most reliable fridge by Yale Appliances this year.

That said, I real I'm so tired of things letting lost and buried in my standard fridge depth. I want wider doors and less depth. I just don't want to spend that kind of crazy money on an appliance.

Anyways, I need ya'll to convince me not to fall for the SubZero trap. Tell me there are almost equally reliable 30"-36" column fridges and freezers out there. Tell me there's some nice column built-ins that are 50% less than SubZero! Tell me what they are.

Comments (37)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012