SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marie3697

Formula for Pendant Placement Over Table

Christine Elder
6 months ago
last modified: 6 months ago

Hello! I am wanting to replace a dated "bird cage style" pendant light over the table in the dining area of our family room. The table is 42" by 72" and seats 6 comfortably. I am currently considering the Folk Abigail Soft Cone Pendant from Rejuvenation. I am thinking of getting two of them. The dilemma I have is whether I should get two at 10" wide or 15" wide and, depending on which size I get, is there a formula as to the spacing between each pendant and how to center them over the table? In other words, should there be 10 inches or 15 inches on either side of set of lights (over the table) and how many inches apart should the lights themselves be? I hope my question is clear. Alternatively, should I just go for one that is 15" wide?

Thank you so much for your help. I do appreciate it!

Edited to add - Has anyone had experience ordering lighting from Rejuvenation? I have ordered a kitchen flush mount schoolhouse light from them in the past and was happy with the product and service, but reviews lately, are pretty bad. Makes me hesitant to spend so much on a couple of pendants now... What do you think?

Comments (5)