SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chloebud

Meatball Casserole

chloebud
6 months ago

Not really a recipe needed for this somewhat deconstructed meatball sandwich. Just an an easy, tasty dinner with good ciabatta rolls and a salad. I had the meatballs in the freezer and a jar of Rao’s Marinara. I posted the instagram link following the recipe. I used a half pound each of ground beef and Italian sausage. I got 12 meatballs with the size I made. Obviously you can use any meatballs you like. I used fresh parsley since I didn’t have dried. I also didn’t simmer the meatballs in sauce. I just baked them and nestled them in the sauce in the baking pan. No problem.

Cheesy Meatball Casserole

Start off with a batch of homemade meatballs. Layer them in a casserole dish over a pool of marinara and then cover them with a blanket of cheese. Bake until the cheese is melted and gooey and then dig in.

Meatballs:
This recipe can be doubled, tripled, etc., depending on how many meatballs you want. They also can be frozen.

1 lb ground beef
1 beaten egg
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup Seasoned Bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup milk
1 heaping tsp dried oregano
1 heaping tsp dried parsley
Salt and pepper

Chopped basil for serving

Mix together everything in a bowl being careful not to overwork the meat. Otherwise the meatballs will be tough. Roll into balls and place on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake in 400 oven for 20 minutes.
When done remove from oven, put them in the pot of sauce and let simmer for 1 hour.

Ladle some marinara in a casserole dish. Snugly tuck the meatballs in. Cover with slices of Provolone and then sprinkle with 1/2 cup of Parmesan. Bake in 350 oven for 25 minutes or until the cheese is melty. Optional is to turn the broiler on for a couple of minutes to give some color to the cheese. Top with chopped basil.

http://instagram.com/p/CxtSLv-raNj

Comments (6)