SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
schoolhouse_gwagain

Sure sounds like a scam to me

I got an email awhile ago from an acquaintance, asking if I ever order from Amazon? I replied saying " Hi "Sue", no, not very often, why?"

Email came back with something like, "I need to order a gift card for a friend with cervical cancer and have tried (all over) online but no luck. Could you order one and send it to her email, I'll pay you back". Yeah, RIGHT! Red flag went up. I didn't reply of course.

I noticed the time difference on her email was different than what it should be. So I went into my contacts and found the email I have for her - different email address. I sent her an email from this address asking if she sent the two emails. So far, no answer and email didn't bounce back to me. I deleted the other emails pronto.

It's weird because I hardly ever see this person anymore, but met and talked to her at a concert just last night. If it wasn't her, how did the scammer get my email address and why choose this person, using her correct username? If it WAS her, she's probably thinking I'm a jerk. lol I would have told her no anyway.

Comments (20)