SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
finndian

Help with a very, very small living room in a TWO bedroom apartment.

Paul F.
8 months ago

This is the living room of one of my rentals. I'm living here temporarily and that's my furniture in the pic, which is too big for the space. I removed a fireplace in order to put in a folding door for more indoor outdoor living since it is southern california. I was trying to cure the obvious defect to the apartment.

I'm trying mid-term furnished rentals first so I put in an offset 50" frame TV (45" of the floor), it can cantilever out to the room OR point outside for TV viewing while in the private yard. I'm thinking mirrors on the walls would help expand the 12 foot wide room. How can I do that? The ceiling is over 10 feet tall, the front of the sofa in the picture is just 9.5' away from the folding doors and as I said the room is just 12 feet wide to the staircase. Upstairs is rather large with big rooms... bathrooms are double sinks!

What do you think of a few round framed mirrors in different sizes on the walls as a creative way to add mirroring... I could do something round outside too on the exterior wall on the same plane. Is it weird? What else could I do to introduce mirror?

BTW, there will be a fire pit outside.

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville