SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amylou321

First attempt at jelly.

amylou321
8 months ago

When we first bought this house, I bought and planted a scuppernong plant for my SO. He has always loved them and get really giddy when he finds them in the wild. After I planted it, we discovered some growing wild on our property as well, much to his delight. Though the birds get most of the ones in the woods, I finally had enough this year to attempt to do something with them. Jelly,I thought, how hard can jelly be?
Well I have no clue how to make jelly and REALLY NO idea how to safely can it. So i turned to my sister for advice. She walked me through it step by step, instead of just telling me to bring HER her fruit and she would do it. Dang it. Her advice coupled with a couple youtube videos and I think I did good! I heard some popping but I can't tell this morning which ones actually sealed properly and which ones didn't. So I think I am gonna just freeze all the jars to be safe. I am not a huge fan of scuppernongs myself but I cook for and with love. So I consider it a success! Yay me!

Comments (30)