SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bethsemailaddress

Help! How can 3 rooms function as more?

bethsemailaddress
8 months ago
last modified: 4 months ago

3 bedroom house - We need an office with some privacy/quiet, guest room, media room (hubbie and kid play video games and VR), and 2 bedrooms.

This is a way out of scale, super rudimentary sketch of the house just to show where rooms are.

First, the kiddo bedroom/office/?

We'll get rid of his loft bed, and that 2/3rds of the room is up for grabs. The "office" is the other third of the room. I just bought a rod that will span the whole room so I can split it with a floor to ceiling curtain and maintain 2 spaces.

The "Office" on the right. It is about 5' wide. This tall bookshelf can be taken apart so there are 2: one with 2 levels, one with 3 levels.

The kiddo's current "bedroom". He prefers it - less places for monsters to hide. That said, he'd be too spooked to be in the downstairs bedroom.

My husband thinks because this closet is south facing, it will get too hot in the summer for computers. We're in the pacific northwest - I don't think so.

Here is the same bedroom before we moved in - office is there by the window. That door is to the jack and jill bathroom.

The rest of the room. The entrance is on the left. This is a nice big room - we worry if we make it a guest room, either the guest or our kid won't get sleep. A little bit of a similar concern if we make it a media room for VR and video games.

THEN, we've got the other 2 rooms and living room. Pardon the move mess.

I'm open to moving absolutely everything around - all rooms.

My Bedroom

The living room - MCM coffee table and sofa tables

We've always been against it, but ended up with the tv in the living room and actually kind of like it because we end up hanging out together more. No VR or gaming though - that's too much for me!

The door on left back is to the guest room. Behind the left wall is the kitchen.

Panorama living room - the green couch from guest room would just barely fit against that middle white wall.

Guest room - right now my husband is using the wall as a screen with that projector on the bed. He likes the idea of keeping it in there but thinks the room is otherwise too small for VR. We've thought about murphy bed/hideabed couch, but this is a wicked comfortable bed.

Looking at all the furniture we've got, how would you work this out? What room should function how?

Couches: grey and velvet green

Coffee table: long MCM, small rectangular one too

Old MCM leather chair

Sofa table shown on left of sofa - MCM - there's another in my husband's office that should come out and be showcased somewhere

Moroccan puff

Tall thin sofa table hidden under boxes

Rocking Chair

Media Cabinet and TV/speakers

Guest bed

A few random tables that can be bedside

Tall light wood open bookshelf, and two small ones in the office (ugly, they should stay there)

My bed, my dresser

If you figure out this puzzle, you are AMAZING!!!! Thanks for all the thoughts.

Comments (20)