SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_5233525

Decorating a north facing nursery, what colors would look good?

Jamena McInteer
8 months ago

We have a north facing bedroom with a small window and lots of cloudy Indiana days that we need to decorate as our son's nursery. We painted it in Sherwin Williams' Roman Column to try to brighten it up, and have a light beige rug. Unfortunately, the Roman Column seems to have a greenish tint to it in that room which we don't love, but we're kind of getting used to it and are hoping once the furniture is in and it's decorated that it won't bother us too much.

That being said, what colors would help tone down the greenish tint and keep the room bright?

For furniture, I was contemplating brown/wood, black, or navy blue. I imagine lighter browns would help the most, but wondering if I could still get away with black or navy blue or if it would be too cool or too much contrast. It's also a smaller room so I would be concerned about dark colors making the room look smaller.

For accent colors (curtains mainly, but some decor), I was thinking burnt orange, sage green, or blue. Would green or blue worsen the issue or would either of those colors help draw the eye away from the greenish tint of the walls?

Here are some pictures. I don't think the camera is great at capturing the green tint, but it's most noticeable in shadowy areas.

Comments (6)