SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dedtired

Shoulder surgery

dedtired
9 months ago

I’ve mentioned my surgery in a couple threads so I thought i should let you know what’s going on. I had rotator cuff repair on my left (non- dominant) shoulder on June 8. The hasnt been as bad as i feared, but no walk in the park either. My niece helped me for the first few days and she was wonderful. She should be, she’s a doctor.

I’ve been wearing this stupid big sling for 6 1/2 weeks. I can’t wait to finally be rid of it. At least I think that’s how I feel. As annoying as it is, it also helps support my arm and helps relieve some of the pain. I have some pain in my shoulder, but nowhere near as much as I thought there might be.

My biggest problem is nerve pain that goes down my arm and gives me that cold, painful, tingling sensation. I think it’s the ulnar nerve. My other problem is my right shoulder is hurting, too.

I go back to the doctor tomorrow, 7/25. I’ve learned that I have to be rather adamant when asking questions in order to get answers as he is very matter of fact in his responses., I guess he deals with it every day, but I don’t and I would like to have some answers.

I know the next thing is physical therapy and I’m hoping that will resolve some of the problems I’m having. I knew going into this that it’s a long recovery, so I am prepared for that. Looking forward to the end of this journey and more or less being back to normal.

All in all it has not been horrible. Here’s a picture of my honking big sling. Worst part is the strap that goes around my waist, emphasizing my not so slim waistline!

Comments (55)