SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greekshambo

Jasdip, I finally made your first rhubarb muffin recipe.

shambo
9 months ago

It only took 12 years or so. I’ve wanted to try them all this time but finally got around to it yesterday. I used a bag of frozen rhubarb from the grocery store. I didn’t realize until it was too late that I didn’t have a full 3 cups of chopped rhubarb, so I ended up using only two cups. They were fine, but I know 3 cups would be better. I added a pecan streusel as a topping and used a combo of vanilla extract and buttery sweet dough flavoring because I didn’t have any almond extract on hand. They are so good that I plan to buy 2 packages of rhubarb so I can make them agains soon.

Using frozen rhubarb was easy and didn’t have a negative affect on the muffins. I thawed the already cut pieces in a colander and chopped up the larger ones. After everything was thawed, I drained the rhubarb and blotted it with paper towels.

Rhubarb Muffins

2 1/2 cups flour

3 tsp baking powder

1 tsp salt

1/2 cup white sugar

1/2 cup brown sugar (I added this with the wet ingredients)

3 cups diced rhubarb

2 large eggs

1 cup milk

1/2 cup vegetable oil

2 tsp almond flavoring

Mix dry ingredients. Beat eggs, add milk, oil and almond.

Pour over dry ingredients. Stir to moisten and fold in rhubarb.

Grease muffins tins & fill with batter. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes. (I baked them at 400 for 7 minutes to give them an extra boost and 375 for about 17 minutes just because my oven runs hot.)

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations