SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katie_wagner2

Help with roof/gutter color and exterior makeover

Katie Wagner
9 months ago

I have long wanted to work on my home's exterior to improve its curb appeal. It is a 1980's split level with orange brick and brown roof and gutters. Windows have been replaced from originals and are white (but no trim...only the ugly shutters on the large front window). We are replacing the roof soon due to hail damage so this is moving the timeline on making exterior change decisions up more quickly than I'd expected. And I need help! The current roof and gutters are brown. Should I use this opportunity to change up the color scheme? I am open to repainting the exterior -- ideas welcome. Although I do not like the brick color, we live in an extreme weather environment (high UV; very cold winters) so I am worried about painting or changing it due to upkeep concern. I would like to put in a front porch with some wood beams (and we are also in severe need of some landscaping improvement) and improve the front door to make the entry more inviting. I recently replaced the garage door and it is currently white.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting