SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cathy_messinohanzelin

Need Help Selecting Color of Exterior Trim and Downspouts/Gutters

Cathy Messino Hanzelin
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Help! I have to make a quick decision, and it's one I will have to live with so I don't want to mess it up. We are in the middle of new construction. We have selected LP siding with colors of Pearl Gray and accent color Aged Pewter (Hardie Board Colors). Subdivision requires brick on entire main level and we selected Driftwood Brick, with stone accents. Sides and back of second level will be Pearl Gray siding. Front will be a combination of Pearl Grey, but mostly batten board of the Aged Pewter. On the picture, the section that has the window directly above the front door will be horizontal Pearl Gray siding. The rest of the front will be Aged Pewter. Pearl Gray and Aged Pewter Together. The roof is a medium gray Corning roof called Estate Gray. WIndows are black. My question is on the trim. For fascia, downspouts and gutters, my siding guy is suggesting black as a new look that is really sharp. My designer believes the Aged Pewter is the way to go. Obviously, I guess we could also go the Pearl Gray color, too. I really don't have a sense of what is right, so please don't say 'personal preference". I would really appreciate some advice. Thanks!

UPDATE-I forgot to add the garage door will be a color similar to the Aged Pewter Hardie Siding.

Comments (2)