SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtnrdredux_gw

South American tourism?

mtnrdredux_gw
9 months ago

I am looking at a trip to SA next year. DH still wants to be a snowbird and I am lukewarm (haha) on the idea but in the meantime I told him I will give him at least a month somewhere warm during our winter.

I am trying to add to my countries visited list, as well. At this point most of the usual suspects are done. I've been to Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, and even Venezuela (a cruiseship stop when I was a kid). I have always wanted to go to Uruguay and for some reason I think that should mean Paraguay too (fun fact they do not share a border and by all accounts "guay" means river). My 4th grade teacher went on a mission to Bolivia and so I have always wanted to go there too. Rounding out the list of SA countries is Guyana, Suriname, both of which I can do without and are not close to the others (Brazil gets in the way).

Has anyone been to Uruguay? Or Iguazu Falls? (from there I can dip a toe in Paraguay, too, which is about all anyone should want of Paraguay from what I understand). How about ... Uyuni? Nat Geo seems to love it https://www.nationalgeographic.com/travel/article/how-to-see-salar-de-uyuni-salt-flats-bolivia

Thanks in advance.

Comments (52)