SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nicole_bronson72

help identifying white patch on hanstone aura quartz countertop

Nicole Bronson
10 months ago
last modified: 10 months ago

we are hoping for some info or suggestions from someone who knows quartz better than us laypeople. we have reached out to our installers but are getting a lackluster response, and no info about what this is aside from 'so and so says this is a normal part of the counters'. if any installers or dealers have ideas on what this could be or what would be done to fix it, wed really appreciate the education.

recently we had this hanstone aura quartz installed in our kitchen (island, coffee bar, and L shaped cabinet run) and noticed at install that there is a large, matte white patch on the coffee bar. we noticed by chance it glows under UV light, if that tells anything identifying. its pure white and matte in texture, not polished like the rest of the surface, so you can feel when you drag your hand across it. its not dust, there is no residue left behind when touching it and wiping the surface down with soap and water didnt take it away. while there are lighter nearly white ares in the design of the quartz, all of it had speckles of the sandy color in it, none of it is this solid bright white. its pretty obvious to the eye when you look at the coffee bar, because light doesnt hit it the same way as the rest of the counter, so it really draws the eye.

we're not even sure what could be done to fix it at this point. i had known resin pooling was possible, but we'd always heard it as a something small, and this is a fairly large patch that spans about 5 inches by 7 inches in total so i assumed it wasnt that. im going to keep trying to resolve with our installers, but im not even sure if this is an install issue, if it was damaged by the stone warehouse, or if its something where i need to push for a replacement piece. thanks in advance for any help!

(excuse the shoddy photos, i was having a time hah)

Comment (1)