SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chenshop

front door dilemma: single or double?

chenshop
10 months ago

After getting tons of helpful feedbacks from last time, I’m back again looking for suggestions for my front door.

Main problem: existing door has lots of glass and I can’t find good window treatment. I don’t like the look of foggy. So I’m thinking replace the whole builder grade front door with something that has patterned glass to get the privacy and light.

I have a standard 61.5’ door opening. So convert to double is a possibility. My questions are:

1. For those who has French door do you find it’s practical vs a single slightly wider door. I finished my moving already so that’s not a concern

2. Do you think French door improve curb appeal for my house? In my area I noticed higher end community tends to have double door. But I do worry double door would look odd for my size of house. My front elevation is only 51’ wide including that extra front porch.

3. What color/material should I choose? Should I try to get a paint match shutter color like now, or get a wood stained door and wood stained frame. This picture may not show well but I got the same stone around my front door as the garage (including these little vertical stones above my door opening)

Thanks in advance!

double door without transom
keep current single door layout but find door comes with nicer glass
double door with transom

Comments (10)