SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_29405466

How to position sconces when sink isn't centered?

2rickies
10 months ago

This is a new build. The sink in my bathroom is off-center intentionally, to allow more open counter space to one side and to have a drawer stack in the vanity. Right now, the plan is for a mirror that runs the length of the vanity, and a mirrored medicine cabinet on the wall next to the sink. I prefer side sconces for putting on makeup, etc, not only lights above. Architect says the sconces can be installed into the mirror. Will that cause more glare?

But I can't picture how this will work: Is there room for a sconce on the right side of the sink, and will it seem like it's in my face while I'm using the sink? Will the door of the medicine cab hit it? And will the light seem very uneven when I'm standing to the left of the sink to put on makeup?

Should I also have a horizontal light on the wall above the mirror, or is that overkill?

Lights in the ceiling will be these WAC lights: https://www.waclighting.com/product/ocularc-3-5-13/

I haven't picked the sconces yet, in case you have a modern light that you love--please recommend!

Here's what the vanity looks like from above:

Comments (13)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm