SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jb_181411202

Interior doorknobs that match brushed nickel interior door hinges

jb_181411202
10 months ago

Here's my dilemma. All my brand-new white shaker panel interior doors (bedrooms and bathrooms) came with brushed nickel hinges. However, it has been impossible to find mainstream, decently priced passage doorknobs with a brushed nickel finish. The selection at most retailers seems to be satin nickel or stainless steel. Why would interior doors come with brushed nickel hinges if nobody makes normal doorknobs in the same finish?

I'm having a similar yet reverse issue with my brand-new front door. I purchased a stainless steel doorknob and deadbolt set for the new front door, but I am having trouble finding stainless steel hinges. Available hinges seem to be mostly brushed nickel or satin nickel. Why are stainless steel doorknob and deadbolt sets so popular if nobody is making stainless steel hinges to match?

This situation is quite perplexing to me. Why can't I find all the door hardware I need in these common finishes? From what I've seen so far, it seems like satin nickel would have been the easiest choice all around, but I'd rather not go through the time and expense of replacing everything I've purchased so far.

Comments (2)