SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lordry

suggestions and advice for these windows?!

lordry
10 months ago

This is a bedroom wall of windows. 146 wide and 94 long. We want total blackout as the sun (even in McMinnville OR) is very bright all summer and wakes you in the AM.

We are open to drapes or blinds but we have cellular blackouts in another room and with an inside mount the sun still gets in.

The walls have wallpaper in a cream stripe and we will replace with a neutral at some
Point so I’m looking for a cream (not gray! ) type of color.

Should we just do a blackout drape all the way across? We have NO designers in this area except three day blinds . People don’t want to come from Portland for this small
Of a job which is unfortunate (it’s a 90 minute drive and Salem is about 50 minutes. ) .. if we do drapes I’d like suggestions on where to order a customer rod and the size. I tried a store bought rod in another room that was not quite as wide and it looked jenky. We need something Definitely easy to pull so a traverse rod or hotel type rod you can pull?

My husband can’t hammer a nail in a wall so we can get a handyman to put the rod up and hang drapes if that’s the best option? Any thoughts are very much appreciated!

Comments (8)