SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lupocci__

Light color (maybe blue ) that goes well with my bedroom white oak?

Alberto
11 months ago
last modified: 11 months ago

Hi I did a big renovation and I am only left with painting the 3 bedrooms. I have real white oak flooring (with a white stain on it). Two of the rooms have ugly dark colors on them, while one has a light blue that I think goes decently with the white oak (see pic below). The walls all have a very rough texture and I am getting them plastered smooth like I did in the common spaces, for a more modern look. Two rooms face north, one east. Which light blue color do you think would go well with that white oak and white trim? Should I go for a green undertone? I would like to maximize brightness so I would think that something like Sherwin Williams Topsail (LRV=75), Lullaby (LRV=65), Serenely (LRV=66), or tradewind (LRV=61) could work. But also olympus white (LRV=68), north star (LRV=62), rainwashed (LRV=59), reflection (LRV=66) and sea salt (LRV=63) look good. So many options, I am gonna buy some 8"x8" samples (and some Samplize ones), but I would like to narrow down to maybe 4-5 samples instead of 10+. Should I go with a green or grey undertone? Should I stay LRV 60+ to make the rooms brighter as I would like?

Also: which white trim? I have some leftover eggshell Chantilly Lace by benjamin moore so I was using that for the trim. Or I think I would never go wrong with Simply White? (Trim in the picture below is as it came installed but not stained yet)

Comment (1)