SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
djc8505

I am just wondering

DaveinVA (7a)
11 months ago

I am kinda fixated on numbers. I like to know, from year to year, how many blooms have opened on each variety I have in my gardens, To keep track, I count the blooms on each plant each day and record the counts in an Excel spreadsheet. That also makes it easy to know the total number of blooms open and the number of varieties in bloom on any given day. Does anyone else do something like this? And is there software (today we would call it an app) to make this job easier?

Speaking of numbers, I have Middendorffii and Dumortieri, and a cultivar of Dumortieri called Dr Regel, that are always the first to get the show started each spring. Middendorffii has already had its moment of fame and the other two are winding down for the season. Until now, Clementella has always been next to bloom, but right now I have quite a number of plants with scapes and buds and I'm excited to see which blooms next. Regardless of who blooms next, I am going to be quite joyously busy for the couple of months.

One more thing, as of today I have 67 varieties, including two species, three crossed by bees and four crosses I bred myself. I am curious to know how that number compares to other aficionados who frequent this forum.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner