Heads Up: “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” (1961) Audrey Hepburn AXS TV Boston,

9 PM Eastern

AXS TV Boston (maybe other stations)

Starring Audrey Hepburn, George Peppard

Based on a novel by Truman Capote

Comments (5)

• colleenoz
    11 months ago

This is DD’s favourite movie! When they were in New York, her now husband bought coffee and croissants so they could have their breakfast at Tiffany’s (outside, of course 😁)

petalique thanked colleenoz
  • LynnNM
    11 months ago

My very favorite movie, too❤️ Audrey Hepburn is/was also my favorite actress. Needless to say, I own the DVD so that I can watch it whenever I need to. Beautiful movie!

petalique thanked LynnNM
  • Jupidupi
    11 months ago

Great movie! Although I've got to say, Mickey Rooney was pretty shocking in the role he played. Hard to believe that was ever considered OK.

petalique thanked Jupidupi
  • carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    11 months ago
    last modified: 11 months ago

Yeah - Rooney's character was extremely unfortunate. I can't recall if that was in the book or not, it's been decades since I read it. It's such a cool movie, with Mancini's score and the designer clothes, but it kind of butchered the novel.

Did Audrey Hepburn ever look bad - ever?

BTW, for the other cord cutters out there, the movie's available to stream free on Fawesome.tv

petalique thanked carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
  • rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    11 months ago

Backstory: according to Capote’s autobiography, he despised Hepburn in the film, even said that it made him sick to watch it. As much as I love Audrey Hepburn, I’ve always thought that her inclusion in this film was sort of jarring since I read the book before seeing it. That was quite a few years after it came out when I first read the book and watched the movie.

Rooney was chosen for comedic effect and all parties seemed happy with the results, at first. That choice ended up being enormously regretted by everyone….including Mickey himself.

petalique thanked rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor