SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amylou321

Food Floof! Tacos!

amylou321
11 months ago

I love tacos. Now, when I say "tacos," I mean one of two kinds:

The first kind is the default taco. When I say I am making tacos for dinner this is what I am making.

Crunchy corn tortilla shells, ground beef seasoned with taco seasoning and jarred salsa (so good), shredded cheddar cheese. I top them with tomatoes and green onions, and mine gets sour cream and hot taco sauce added. I like to buy the Taco Bell hot sauce in the bottle for these tacos. SO gets no sour cream, no sauce, extra meat, light cheese.

The second kind is chicken tacos. Soft flour tortillas. The tiny ones labeled for "street tacos." Heavily seasoned diced chicken breast. I season in it with garlic and onion powder, cumin, chipotle chili powder, salt and black pepper. Cooked until almost charred on the stove. Shredded Monterey jack cheese, Pico de Gallo on top. I make yellow rice with these, and sometimes I will stuff the rice into the taco too. I put Cholula hot sauce on these. None for SO, he doesn't like anything spicy.

I know neither of these are "authentic" tacos, but they are tacos to me!

I have seen Birria tacos on the internet that look SO DIVINE. I want to try them so bad. But alas, none are available around me and the recipes for them seem very elaborate and time consuming. This would not be a problem if I knew that I liked them but I am reluctant to invest so much time and so many ingredients into something new.

What is your favorite taco? Hard or soft shell? Flour or corn? What kind of filling/topping? Hot sauce or no sauce? Salsa or pico?

Do you make or order anything WITH your tacos? Tacos to me are enough but my SO likes either yellow or Spanish rice along with them for some reason, so I make it.

Comments (16)