SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_630270869

Vanity light height - how high is too high?

Lisa L’Italien
11 months ago

I have a dilemma - my mirrors and light fixtures have delivered quite some time ago, and I'm just now realizing it's a tight squeeze to the top of the bathroom ceiling if I want to keep the lights completely above the mirrors (and not overlap them). The vanity is 34" H, the mirrors are 36" H and will be placed 8" above the vanity top (the faucets are 6" high), and the ceilings are 8'.

If I place the light fixtures fully above the mirrors, they will be roughly 3 3/4" from the ceiling, and about 86" from the floor. I know the ideal height is 75-80" above the floor, and at 80" high the lights overlap the mirrors about 6". The light shades are clear glass and the mirror has a thin frame so I'm wondering if in this case overlapping would be an ok option, but the mirrors also have a decorative shape at the top that beg not to be hidden... so my question is, which height would be better?

I have attached a board of the actual elements I will be using in the bathroom and two quick (not detailed) sketches I did of the light fixtures at both heights. Looking forward to your thoughts and thank you!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!