SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dani_m08

Need help re: where to end shower wall tile pls!

dani_m08
last year
last modified: last year

My master bathroom renovation has been a HORRIBLE experience. Wish I never started!

My new tile installer is incredible - he already installed tile in another bathroom for me + replaced slate herringbone floor.

He just came down to confirm where I want shower wall tile to end - at outer edge of shower curb OR have it die into door casing.

My thought has been to run it into the door casing because there’s not much room between end of shower and casing. My plan for the tile that extends to the ceiling above the door casing is to just have the edges of the tile polished (maybe slightly bullnosed? I guess that’s another question for everyone!)

Of course, I now have pulled up a bunch of showers - none like mine will look - and many have the wall tile ending in line with edge of curb. The ones I’ve pulled up all use trim pieces at end of tile run - but I don’t really like marble pencils.

My head hurts - I hate second guessing myself.

I’d love to have some reassurance about my decision - but I also welcome comments letting me know that I’ve made the wrong decision.

Thanks!

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor