SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aliceblois

Our sofa sleeper didn't fit through the doorway!

aliceblois
last year
last modified: last year

Help! I need sofa sleeper and chair ideas. I made a dumb mistake and purchased a sofa sleeper that won't fit through the door to our den/guest room. The room itself is good sized 15' x 15' but the door is narrow and the hall is awkward. It's okay--we will use the sofa bed in a different room, but now I need to figure out how to furnish our den/guest room.

The primary purpose of the room is a den for watching tv or reading, so we need comfortable seating for that. We need to be able to occasionally sleep a couple of guests there--either on two twins, two doubles, or a queen.

Could be day beds or maybe there is some sort of modular sofa sleeper that will fit through the door? I'm not a fan of murphy beds, but not totally opposed, but whatever we get needs to navigate a narrow short hall with a 90 degree turn and a narrow door way. Furniture that needs to be assembled would be ideal. Any ideas?

I should add: I'm not a fan of inflatable beds, and to me, futons are neither comfortable for sleeping nor as a couch. If anyone knows of any really comfortable futons or blow up beds let me know!

Comments (24)