SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
micterate

Kitchen finishes

Shazia
last year

We're getting to the home stretch!

Getting a local Kitchen Designer (KD) was literally life changing - I learned this from y'all on here on Houzz and of course the advice on here has been incredible too. I really appreciate this platform and grateful to have come on here. (side note for any new people - it's the Designers who came on here and ripped apart my posts from the getgo that helped me up my planning and approach - they have become my fav designers here!!! and I appreciate the time they invest to make our homes the best they can be)

Here's our kitchen layout which we're tweaking a bit: beverage fridge will come to left so there will be wider drawers until microwave, drawers on each side of range will be 18-30-36"range-30-18. fridge will have enough filler or a narrow cabinet to ensure fridge can open up to 90 degrees minimum.

What I would love to get your take on is finishes for the kitchen:

- do we do the glass cabs on each side of hood as pictured or sconces instead?

- hardware will be brass/champagne bronze

- should back cabs be all white or introduce white oak or black glass?

- hood to be plaster to mirror the fireplace directly across in in the living room? or consider another type?

- any other thoughts to make this kitchen be a showstopper? whether it's advice on the finishes here or how to bring that pizazz with accessories and leave the kitchen a neutral pallette.

- if you have any specific recommendations on paint colors/counters/etc too - i'm all ears.

my style is coastal glam (i call it malibu luxe) which has me loving natural elements and a light/airy feel. my husband is transitional masculine and I think of his style like a men's cigar lounge. He likes the depth of things. we tend to agree on a lot of styles so it's not super off.

as always, open to feedback I haven't even asked for too. I am really starting to look forward to this kitchen coming together. TIA!

our living room before the flood - with the new kitchen design, the kitchen above will be completely open to this living room

plan is to update fireplace mantel to this plaster surround and leave the marble herringbone inside:

Comments (19)