SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daisy2825

Design Advice for Accent Siding Color on Garrison Colonial

Daisy C
last year

I was hoping someone could give me some advice on what color to use for accent siding on my house. I currently have cedar shake siding that has seen its day. Right now the color is a dark brown.

We are looking to replace the shakes that we currently have with Certainteed Cedar Impressions 7" straight edge rough-split shakes. The color choices are pretty limited in my opinion. Right now we are torn between sable brown and mountain cedar. I'm also open to other options. The color choices can be found here. I have tried using the color visualizer on the website, but the colors do not really look like the physical samples that I have.

The last attached photo has our samples above the garage door - sable brown on the left, mountain cedar on the right. I am not sure if the mountain cedar would lend too much warmth to the house.

We are not open to redoing the brick or the roof, as they are both still in great shape. We also updated the garage door, shutters, storm doors, and front doors last year, so they will also be staying. Previously they were all the same dark brown as the shake siding. Our aluminum siding is a light yellow - I believe the color was called desert tan.

Thank you in advance!

Comments (7)