SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hemalpatel19

Cabinet colors except white to pair with Taj Mahal countertops

HomeSweetHome
last year

We've finally decided to go with Taj Mahal countertops for perimeter as well as island. We do not want white cabinets in any kind of white shade. Though online research shows kitchens done mostly with white cabinets as that's probably the safest and best match with Taj Mahal.

Any suggestions or pictures if you've done a darker shade of cabinets with Taj Mahal or any other stone that's similar to Taj Mahal?

We are planning to do island cabinets in a different color than the perimeter. Our initial though is to go with slab doors and do a wood stain, such as

white oak ivory or even bit darker for perimeter countertop and black or dark charcoal cabinets for island.

At this point, there is no buyer's remorse even when now I think that it may be too much Taj considering we are doing backsplash, countertop, and the waterfall island - all Taj Mahal. Our flooring will be a plain cream large format tiles, so no wooden flooring here. It's also an open concept layout so the windows are white too.

Looking forward to see some pictures of your kitchen with cabinets that are not white. I've attached the pictures of my slab for reference. The lighting is bit off but the underdone is cream with brown veining.

Comments (15)