SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lyfia

Any experience with Joy for All Cats/Dogs or similar robotic animals?

lyfia
last year

My mom has dementia and before she moved into a care unit she was always playing with some stuffed animals. Now at the care unit they have these dogs that seem similar to the Joy for All. I don't know what the ones are they have, but will ask in our virtual meeting on Thursday (she lives across the pond.)

The only animals that my mom has had in the past were cats although she's always loved animals so I was thinking to get her a cat so she has one of her own, but wanted to research before I ask her care team on Thursday. My friend who visits my mom said she really loved taking care of and fussing with the dogs and it seemed like she had appropriated them for herself for a while - another part of why I'm thinking of getting her one so the other residents can enjoy the dogs too.

However I wanted to know more about the reliability of them. According to their website the 4 C batteries last 3 months which my friend happily would take care of changing out on a regular basis for my mom, but I'm not so sure what is considered regular use. The reviews appear positive, but mostly covers the companion aspects and not the practical parts.

Anyone have any experience with these or another brand?

https://bestcompanionpets.com/joy-for-all-cat-review/

Comments (6)