SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jonathan_warden

Faucet placement farmhouse sink

I have a large double Farmhouse sink in a new Kitchen, and I believe the faucet has been placed too far away from the sink. It's a very large sink and the faucet overhangs the sink area only by a few inches. It barely reaches the right basin, and whenever I use the faucet to wash a dish or my hands, the countertop ends up covered with water.

The contractor placed it like this this because there is a roughly 2" by 2" place connecting the two slabs of granite directly underneath the granite, between the sink and the faucet, where the faucet normally would have been placed. The contractor didn't consult me about the faucet placement, and insists that it's not incorrect. It's just a matter of taste he says, and that I will need to pay for any modification. Neither the contract nor the design specifically mentions faucet placement.

I have two questions.

1. What argument I can make to the contractor that the faucet is not installed correctly?

2. How should I fix it? I am thinking of moving it forward and two the right a couple of inches, and then fabricating some sort of chrome plate to hide the other hole, perhaps adding a soap dispenser and/or some automatic sink valves.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths