SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stacy_doucet

Window treatment and counter stools help needed

Stacy Doucet
last year

Hi all! We just bought a new house and are looking at window treatment options. We are considering bamboo Roman shades or blinds with linen curtains to go over these windows in the dining room. This side of the house catches the southwestern sun (a little more west than south) with nothing blocking it from directly entering the windows. There will be a house there in the next couple of years though, and that should block some of it a little. We do however want to let in as much natural light as possible throughout the day.

Also, we are looking for counter stool ideas as well. The ones in the pic are from staging.

I’m including pics of the inside of the dining area, kitchen, and living room since it’s one big open space and also the front view of the house from the road. The window all the way to the right will have blinds since it is my daughter’s bedroom, so keep that in mind.

So my questions are…

1. bamboo Roman shades or blinds for dining room windows?
    2)would you hang the shades/blinds from point A or point B?
  2. what color bamboo Roman shades/blinds should I go with?
  3. what color and design for curtain rods? I’m thinking black (ceiling fan is black, my kitchen table is black and brown)
  4. what kind of counter stools should I go with? We want something with a back.

Comments (8)