SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
artemis78

What temp for refrigerated foods? Best bottom freezer organizing tips?

artemis78
last year

We have a fancy pants new refrigerator that gives us a level of control of temperature and organization that we've never had before. (We're coming off of a 25-year-old workhorse where if it was cold and sealing properly, we were winning.)

I'm wondering, first, how people use their refrigerators with more nuanced temperature controls--what do you keep where, and at what temp? We have a main refrigerator compartment and a separate drawer. Right now they are set at 37 and 32, respectively, based on the manual. We plan to keep fruits and vegetables in the drawer. (We do also have what is called a cooler cabinet in our kitchen, which keeps foods about 10 degrees below room temperature--we use that right now for root vegetables, but could use it for more. it's usually 50-60 degrees.)

Separately--any tips for organizing bottom freezers? Ours is all drawers (which I think is typical) but I'm finding that it feels far more disorganized than our top freezer with shelves. Are there tricks for this?

Comments (6)