SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gtdj519

thassos honed marble counter for bathroom?

gtdj519
last year

Hi

i recently had aleanza thassos quartz installed in our teen daughter/ guest bathroom. It is plain stark pure white I had another post about how there were all these tiny black specks in them like dirt marks. It was inspected and was told these marks shouldn't be there and the fabricator will replace the countertop . I went today to see the new skab and this too has small specks of black! We looked at another white quartz from a different manufacturer ( emser) and same thing!!

I reluctantly chose quartz, as I need a plain white counter , and the only other natural stone plain white option is Thassos Marble. I was swayed away from marble due to maintenance concern many peoole pointed out. However , Im having trouble buying quartz,, when these black marks seem to be common In pure white slabs, regardless of manufactuer. Im seriously considering replacing it with real thassos marble, as buying any one of these quartz counters with markings seems like a waste. Can any thassos marble honed owners chine in about your experience? Pure white quartz owners… do you also have these tiny black marks and just live with them and accept it as is with black specks? they arent huge, but are noticiibke and visible Loiks like potting soil or coffee grounds on the counter.

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert