SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
migreenthumb

Awaiting Spring/A Little O/T...

To all effected by the current winter weather, stay safe and stay warm. Here in the heart of the Great Lakes, we've had freezing rain and sleet since shortly before 6am. We're approaching a 1/4" of ice in my locale, and the possibility of power loss looms although I do have a gas stove and auxiliary heat. Fascinatingly, I've experience what I call "Freezing Thunder" for the first time today! Some surprisingly close strikes and long rolling thunder after the initial pop (couple miles). I have experienced thunder snow three times, though.
I've moved some potted roses from my father's to my new house, and I've been putting them out and in with our yo-yo weather. I'll be getting a grow lamp for them in a couple weeks. Here is a 'Mrs. Sam McGredy' (supposed to be bush, and it blooms on new wood, but is she normally long caned, or just enjoying herself. She is from RVR. There is a Devoniensis which is also from RVR and both will be two years old this spring (received 2021). There is a poor little 'Bathsheba' still in its original container I've neglected. Finally, there is a 'Lady Emma Hamilton' in the pot with the petunias which is a poor specimen and shows the level of "quality" in 2021.
Maigold and Blanc Double de Coubert are coming this spring, I've yet to decide on a couple more potted options for my deck, and where to put my new beds for the roses I already have to plant! I have the spring fever, but the glazed winter land has other notions haha!
Steven

Comment