SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanrhill34

Double Bowl Farmer sink : Stainless vs cast iron vs Silegranite

susanrhill34
last year

I am doing a remodel and purchased the Blanco Vintera Silegranite in anthracite..but now reading many reviews where people say you get a haze over time. As a result I am considering swapping for a stainless steel or Kohler Whitehaven sink. Due to availability the Kohler would be white. I would still like to stick with a short apron.

I have seen white Kohler sinks with ”scratch marks” but have read they can generally be removed. I am also concerned about potential chipping with cast iron. We do NOT use cast iron cookware, but do tend to put a pot on the divide of a double bowl to fill with water, etc…and are not particularly careful putting things in the sink. (We have All Clad pots so they are heavy) I am quite careful about keeping a clean sink.

With the stainless steel version of a farmer sink I have been told that the front apron of the sink tends to get scratched…from belt buckles, etc. Although I am not worried about belt buckles per say, I would like to hear if anyone has a stainless farmer sink how it is held up on the apron front and the top. I am not concerned about general scratching in the bowls of the sink that create a patina over time. I have also seen a few complaints about difficulty cleaning the corners of the stainless farmer sinks.

Any insight is greatly appreciated!!

Comments (15)