SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

What do I do with my time in retirement they ask

3katz4me
last year
last modified: last year

Well, I have an appliance repair person out four times to fix my dishwasher. I schedule a different appliance repairman at my lake place to do some repairs. I drive 3 hours (one way) on two different occasions for a 10am appointment and leave that afternoon after the person doesn't show up. Call someone else? No one is reliable in this area code and this is the SubZero authorized repairman.

I try for at least an hour - maybe more - to book two Delta airline tickets using an ecredit. After two days I give up and call. I wait on hold for close to an hour before I finally speak to someone. With some difficulty the Delta representative finally books my tickets. She says you often can't make the ecredits work when you try to book on the website - great.

Then I wait on hold for an hour with the SSA because my account has been fouled up for 40 years as I received SSDI in 1983. After finally speaking with a customer service representative, I will now wait two weeks to receive a snail mail letter with a pre-scheduled phone appt with the local office sometime after April 14. I may or may not be available on the preselected date at which time I will wait on hold for gawd knows how long to try to get an appointment at a time I'm available.

Okay end of rant. I do fun things too but every time I'm stuck in one of these horrible customer service nightmares I think how thankful I am that I'm no longer working so I can spend hours plodding through these situations. I will say I'm always kind and courteous to the frontline people because I just don't think it's their fault things are so f'd up. And I'm extremely grateful someone is out there working in these jobs.

Comments (16)