SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_10471126

Tried to accessorize my hutch... do I dare ask someone to critiqu

User
15 years ago

Unfortunately decorating doesn't come naturally to me so yet again I'm asking for guidance. Was moving things around with my DR hutch. This was hand made for my Grandma years ago and she gave it to me. We don't have a formal DR. It's connected to the kitchen and this is where we eat all the time.

I want to note that I've moved the vintage doily thing, the center silver piece on the bottom doesn't fit in the hutch because the lid is too tall, nor does the other silver decanter on the bottom left. This things arranged on top are not in a straight line, although they kind of look that way in these pics. Also, I can see the left decanter looks like it's leaning...it's propped up on a black box. I'll have to adjust that. Also the plates in the hutch don't fit standing up. Not sure what the person who built this was thinking. The hutch is off center because I was going to put something beside it but I think i'll shove it back center again. I don't have a full set of china but also don't want one because I think it can start to look over crowded.

So, what do you think? Does it look like visual overload?

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (30)