Help! Need double wall ovens with electric cleaning cycle
3 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (16)
Related Discussions
Need help choosing double wall ovens
Comments (33)DreamDancing & Gma_j...I've been using my GE Profile Trivection DO for several months now and I have no complaints...I think they're great! Yes, there is some heating up of the kitchen, but as Lambic said, the heat has to go somewhere! (If there's an oven that vents to the outside...that would be the one to not heat up the kitchen....is there one?) I've heard some people complain about the preheat time and/or the length of time the fan stays on...but I have not noticed either to be excessive. As a matter of fact, the oven is usually preheated long before I'm ready for it! As to the fan, I've found that if you crack the oven door, the fan stops within a few minutes. Even if you don't, it's only about 15 minutes or so. The best part of my new oven....the Trivection technology...it's great! My baked potatoes are done in less than 30 minutes, mac & cheese in 20 minutes (instead of 60 min), etc....See MoreFP 302 Double Wall Oven - electric problems!
Comments (8)I actually doubt F&P will go under. Actually it is a similar busisness plan to Miele, who is also known for fixing/replacing things out of warranty. F&P knows that you will continue to recomend their products, and that you will most likely look at F&P first when buying a new/different product. I wish more companies had this type of busisness plan, providing good customer service that goes beyond a black and white paper warranty. This helps build long term customer relations and is an excellent way to get word of mouth advertising. I own a F&P AquaSmart washer and had some issues with it right after purchase. F&P was incredible in the way they handled the situation, I have never been treated that nice by a company before. After everything was done I called F&P to applaud them for their candor, which I have never had an opportunity to do before....See MoreElectrical requirements for double wall oven
Comments (11)Mike, Thanks so much for the quick reply. I was talking to the "technical support" person at Wolf and described my panel to them. That's where I got the information that my two 30-amp breakers were like a 60-amp one and would be ok. I guess I thought this made sense since my existing oven called for 40 amps. (House and oven are seven years old.) Maybe if you would be kind enough to elaborate on why the oven was done this way - two breakers attached to one another - I would be better able to explain this to the oven installers to see if I need to have an electrician here first to switch the two 30s for a 50. Thank you. Amy...See MoreNeed Help Replacing Electric Cooktop and Double Wall Oven
Comments (3)What exists currently is a fire hazard and needs to be changed regardless of anything else that you do. You cannot have wood directly above a cooking zone unless it's at least 30" above it. Overhead venting is always superior to downdraft. Especially if you want to convert to gas. A strong wind right at a gas flame tends to do funny things to it. Like suck it out. Overhead venting captures naturally rising steam, grease, smoke, and odors, and if you can have the correct ductwork added, gets all of those nasty things outside of your home. Because all of that stuff rises upwards and outwards, vent hoods always work better if they are at least 6" larger than the cooktop that they are covering below, If you move to a 36" cooktop, you would ideally have a 42" vent above it. And at least 27" deep. For your wall oven, if you want to replace it, your cabinet needs to be the right size to accept a modern oven size. That standard has become 30" ovens, which usually take at least a 31" cabinet in custom cabinets, and a 33" cabinet in standard dimensioned cabinets. It looks like a 24" oven in maybe a 25" cabinet? You also need to check the spot where the fridge is, and measure it. It too may not be a standard size to work with today's appliance sizes. A regular free standing refrigerator needs 36" of width and 70"-72" of height. I'm also not seeing any drawer stacks in the picture that you posted. Many older cabinets didn't see the usefulness of drawers, so all you got was a single one on top of doors rather than a whole stack of drawers. Are there any roll outs below, or is there just a half shelf? Site built continuous cabinets with no internal divisions? If everything works currently, other than taking down that shelf immediately above the cooktop, I think I would just live with it for as long as it took to accumulate the funding to address the rest of the 30 year old issues that the kitchen has, not just the appliances. One other approach that you may not have considered if you decide to keep the cabinets and just retrofit them is a 48" actual range where the cooktop is, with an actual hood above. That will give you two ovens. Where the oven is located now could be retrofitted by a good cabinet maker to accept a MW on a shelf so that one could get off of the counter. Maybe you could do something like a cutting board/baking sheet rack similar to a plate rack with the leftover space from the oven cabinet....See More- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years agosheilajoyce_gw thanked carolb_w_fl_coastal_9/10
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years agosheilajoyce_gw thanked carolb_w_fl_coastal_9/10
Related Stories

HOUSEKEEPINGHow to Clean Your Range and Oven
Experts serve up advice on caring for these kitchen appliances, which work extra hard during the holidays
Full Story
REMODELING GUIDES11 Reasons to Love Wall-to-Wall Carpeting Again
Is it time to kick the hard stuff? Your feet, wallet and downstairs neighbors may be nodding
Full Story
KITCHEN APPLIANCESFind the Right Oven Arrangement for Your Kitchen
Have all the options for ovens, with or without cooktops and drawers, left you steamed? This guide will help you simmer down
Full Story
KITCHEN MAKEOVERSKitchen of the Week: Open Plan and a Clean Look for a Family of 8
Design-build pros help a large family create a more connected and stylish space for cooking and spending time together
Full Story
LAUNDRY ROOMSLaundry Makes a Clean Break With Its Own Room
Laundry rooms are often a luxury nowadays, but a washer-dryer nook in a kitchen, office or hallway will help you sort things out
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNWhy a Designer Kept Her Kitchen Walls
Closed kitchens help hide messes (and smells) and create a zone for ‘me time.’ Do you like your kitchen open or closed?
Full Story
ORGANIZINGHow to Do a Serious Garage Clean-Out
Downsizing or decluttering? This guide can help ease the pain of paring back
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPINGHow to Clean a Glass Shower Door
See which tools and methods will keep those glass shower walls and doors sparkling clean
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPING12 Cleaning Projects That Go a Little Deeper — Naturally
Eucalyptus oil for germy door handles. Baking soda for oven grime. Here are nontoxic solutions for often-overlooked cleaning jobs
Full Story
HEALTHY HOME10 Keep-the-Dust-Down Cleaning Tips for Allergy Sufferers
These cleaning and decorating tips will help keep everyone breathing easy at home
Full Story
Olychick