SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bbstxx

Another soup thread. Must be freezer friendly

bbstx
last year

I am on the cookbook club schedule for soup at our early March luncheon. I will be out of town but that does not relieve me of my obligation to provide soup. My plan is to make and freeze the soup before I leave town. I’ll ask another member of the group to re-heat and take to the luncheon for me. I know this is early to be thinking about it, but I want to have time for testing recipes.

Here are the parameters:

-must freeze well

-not too hearty; it is a starter course

-either no garnish needed or garnish can be frozen or made a week and a half ahead

I would like something a little unusual. I remembered XH and I making an eggplant soup long years ago. I found the below recipe on NYT Cooking for Eggplant Soup. The reviews are mixed. What do you think of the recipe? Do you think the garnish (lemon zest and olive oil) could be made ahead and frozen?

I also stumbled across a Kale and Apple Soup that might be interesting. The garnish is simple enough and a container of creme fraiche will keep. https://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-kale-and-apple-soup-weeknight-dinner-recipes-from-the-kitchn-71332

I’m not tied to either of these recipes. Looking for suggestions.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz