SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
d_costello

variances in quartz slabs

In 2021 I got my kitchen countertop installed. I went with Silestone Eternal Statuario. A few months ago I decided to install more cabinets and would need an additional small countertop. I contacted the same vender and they advised me that the amount I needed wasn’t enough for them to order a new slab, so I would have to wait until a remnant piece was left from another job that was big enough to make my counter.

After a 2 month wait, they let me know they had a piece available and I got it installed 3 days ago. I noticed vein patterns were a lot more noticeable and darker in color in the new piece. The installer said there would be some slight differences from slab to slab. I accepted that at the time.. but now I can’t stop staring at the differences and it seems I am noticing it more now. The veins in the original counter are a very light grey and can be unnoticeable at certain angles and lighting. The new counter’s veins are noticeable right away and the grey is a shade darker.the one good thing is the white main color seems to match on both counters

Attached are pictures of the original counter (left) and new counter (right). Does this seem normal to be this different? I was under the impression that since quartz is man-made, that it would have better consistency.

I’m just looking to hear other peoples opinion at this point. I’m not too sure what I could even do because they won’t even get a replacement slab for this small of a counter. So basically I am just asking if this difference is normal and should be accepted?

I was also wondering if there is any type of quartz polish that could possibly lighten the surface colors to make the 2 counters more consistent with each other?

Comments (7)