SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stm25rs

Water heater booster for tank heater

stm25rs
last year

I'm doing a new construction home build, and looking at water heaters. Will be ~2500 sq ft finished space, 3 bed, 3 full bath. It will just be my fiancée and I living there, and no kids in our future, but will have friends and family staying with us for long weekends.

The master shower will have his and her shower heads each having an angled sprayer and a handheld on a rail slider, and a soaking tub, probably ~65 gallons.

We were initially thinking whole home electric tankless, but the more I read about those, the less interested I am. I've essentially ruled them out unless I'm missing a good reason to use them, and we aren't interested in doing a propane tank with a propane tankless heater.

There's no natural gas service in the neighborhood. Project is near Baltimore, MD, climate zone 7b, on municipal water service.

I'm currently thinking a hybrid water heater, but we need to size for sufficient hot water for when we have guests, and to fill the soaking tub, which would likely mean an 80 gallon tank. But we also don't want to constantly heat an 80 gallon tank if possible.

I see there's this Rheem booster, which appear to just be a 7kW electric tankless heater designed for horizontal install, with horizontal display.

Does this sound like a good fit for our needs? Or is there another alternative solution to consider?

Comments (7)