SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
schoolhouse_gwagain

Holy Christmas put-away day

Sheesh. Now I consider myself a very organized person, a box and a place for everything. But I just spent an hour and 15min. putting away Christmas decor back where it would not fit or did not have a box or bag, tripping over stuff, purging items to go to Goodwill as I made room for the small amount of decor I put out this year, Why did I buy three boxes of electric Xmas lights last year just because they were on a sale for $3 each? I bought a new plastic tub for all my battery operated lights, but it appears it may be too small. I guess I can't resist the many varieties of batt. holiday lights.

Extension cords! Where did they all come from? I'm shoving them into the bottom of the armoire and they keep falling back out. Halloween decor is attacking me. Half of the pumpkins don't light up anymore anyway.

Which brings me to a question: how does one dispose of holiday decor that is broken or no longer works like it should? This stuff would never break down in a landfill, pretty sure can't be recycled even tho it's plastic. If I take it to the Goodwill, would putting a note on it that it is for "looks" only and doesn't work be acceptable??

I'm pooped. Need coffee and some lunch.

Comments (28)