SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

How would you cheer up this sad bathroom?

Sueb20
last year

I just lost a whole post, grr, trying again…

This is an attic bathroom in what has been DD’s ”quarters” but she is planning to move out this summer and I am distracting myself by reimagining her space as guest quarters.

The bathroom is almost the same as when we bought the house, except that we painted when we moved in.

Before we moved in:

After painting:

Can’t see the sink wall in the after pic, but it didn’t change.

WITHOUT A FULL BATH RENO (looking at you, Mtn), I am thinking of ways to improve it:

- paint vanity, replace countertop and drawer pulls

- new mirror

- larger rug/runner

- shower curtain (current curtain is light gray/white polka dots)

- new wall paint

I hate the tile but with the shower curtain closed and a larger rug, a lot of it will be hidden.

Wall color is Classic Gray.

The window seat could be cuter, with a new cushion. Or, eliminate the cushion and put a big leafy plant there.

The bedroom is currently very pink and gray. This is a pic prior to movein. The sconces are gone. Wall color is again Classic Gray and the carpet is a greige color. I am not up for getting rid of the carpet.

The bed has a very basic gray upholstered headboard which can stay. She might take her bureau and nightstands, which is fine. My thought is to lean toward a cottagey look with floral quilt and vintage bureau/nightstands.

I think the bathroom could possibly swing slightly beachy-cottagey with that accent strip of beach pebbles in the tub area. Probably hard to see the detail in the photo.

Inspo pics to follow.

Comments (153)