SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_34951493

Outdated hallway

Hello! This is a Longshot but im at my wits end going back and forth with ideas of what to do with our hallway. When we moved into our home (it was in my husband's family for generations) we have updated and remodeled nearly the entire home but when it comes to this hallway I'm left with a headache. The hallway originally had cedar wood from floor to ceiling. We have since changed the ceiling- added some drywall, recessed lights and some crown. Everyone always complimented on the walls, and how "beautiful" they are, so we left it alone... including the retro hardware on the cabinet. But it's definitely time for an update of SOME sort.. on that note, obviously I want to change the hardware, but I first need to figure out what options I have for the walls (and the little shelf). I'm struggling with ideas though. I don't necessarily want to do any major projects- so drywall isn't my first choice of options. I'm open to any and all ideas though!- even if it's decor because this part of the house has most definitely been neglected.
I will add that I used to have a full length mirror on the end of the hallway that definitely helped to open the area up but that has since been moved to a room that I actually like(haha)
*i took pictures while I was in the process of splurging through closests and cabinets to throw away clutter- so please don't judge the random items !

Comments (5)