SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_72899892

Moving to New Mexico...

User
last year
last modified: last year

We have talked about the possibility for some time, and I recently posted here asking for input from those who have purchased property in addition to owning their current residence. We initially toyed with purchasing for investment with an eye towards maybe building on property acquired, but found the most gorgeous mountain meadow acreage in an area we love dearly and want to call home in the future and are under contract to close in early January. It's in a gated subdivision which wouldn't appeal to me in our current area, but is a perfect small community for this NM location -- close to town and easily accessible by a main highway, but safe and private to feel just secluded enough.
Although our move will be some time in the future, I'm so elated to have "a piece of home" in a place I so love. I also feel that now we have a decidedly real future focus.
I'm looking at modern log cabin and timberframe homes. I love our current home and will likely incorporate many of its same features into what we end up building. But it's exciting to think of possibilities... and mostly just the opportunity to wake up in the mountains every morning when I am an even older woman.

Comments (73)